Can I keep my existing mobile number when switching to Ortel Mobile?
When you buy the Ortel Mobile prepaid SIM pack, you receive a new mobile number. Should you prefer to keep your current mobile number from another provider, you can request Number Portability and have it transferred to your Ortel Mobile SIM card. Follow the next 3 steps to keep your old number:
- Activate your Ortel Mobile SIM card
- Contact your old provider to receive the RIO code
- Call Customer Service 0980 980 803 to start the number portability procedure.
Conditions that apply to Number Portability
- You must be the holder of the number you want to keep
- The line must be active at the moment of the portability
- You shouldn't have already asked for a portability of the relevant number
- The contract for the relevant number must not be finished or already have undergone a termination request being processed. You have a temporary phone number that allows you to use the service immediately until the portability is done. The portability process begins as soon as you have activated your Ortel Mobile SIM card. If all eligibility criteria are met, the number portability will be done between 7 and 10 days after you have activated your Ortel Mobile SIM card, unless you requested a longer period (maximum of sixty (60) days). The date of portability will be notified you by SMS. If the request is ineligible, you will be informed as soon as possible. In this case, or in case of cancellation of portability request, the Contrat will remain valid, and you will continue to benefit the service with the number assigned by Ortel Mobile. It will be up to you to perform, if necessary, the formalities of cancellation with the former operator.